Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Xiceans are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail. They gain +2 Dexterity, +4 Intelligence, -2 Strength, and -2 Constitution.
- Size: Xiceans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Xiceans are Humanoids with the Xicean subtype.
- Base Speed: Xiceans have a base speed of 35 feet.
- Languages: Xiceans begin play speaking Common and Xicean.
- Xicean Immunities: Xiceans are immune to sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against poisons.
- Keen Senses: Xiceans receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Xicean Technomancy: Xiceans receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, Xiceans receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge(engineering) skill checks made to identify the properties of technological items.
- Low-Light Vision: Xicean can see twice as far as Terrans in conditions of dim light.
—Xiceans reach adulthood from ages 35-40 and can live to ages 250-300
—Heights range from 4.5ft. to 5.5ft.
It is not known which Arks the Xiceans would have originated from. There are theories that Xiceans evolved from the humans of Arks 14, 15, and 16, maybe even Arks 3 and 4. They were the last human descendants to be discovered by the Terrans.
The long-lived Xiceans evolved to be more in tune of their natural enviroment, similar in many superficial ways to Botanical creatures, though with key differences. While Botans are truly linked to the flora and fauna of their homes, existing as the nearly immortal voices and guardians of the wilderness, Xiceans are instead mortals who are in tune with the natural world around them. Xiceans seek to live in balance with the wild and understand it better than most other mortals. Xiceans are expected to remain active within the same locale they were born for their entire lives, even amidst dwindling resources. By necessity, they must learn to maintain sustainable lifestyles, and this is most easily done when they use technology to work with nature, rather than using their technology to exploit it. However, their links to nature are not entirely driven by pragmatism. Xicean bodies slowly change over time, taking on a physical representation of their mental and spiritual states, and those who dwell in a region for a long period of time find themselves physically adapting to match their surroundings, most noticeably taking on coloration that reflects the local environment.
Xiceans value their privacy and traditions, and while they are often slow to make friends at both the personal and national levels, once an outsider is accepted as a comrade, the resulting alliances can last for generations. They have no centralized headquarters, as there are hundreds of enormous Xicean settlements. Instead, Xicean cities are chosen by vote to host a Xicean Council for 12 cycles. Currently the council seat is in Tha'tahl, and will be there for another 2 years. Before Tha'tahl the seat was in Feydruid, and in Keth-Ya'von 12 years before that.
Appearance: Generally shorter than Terrans, Xiceans possess a graceful, slender physique that is accentuated by their pointed ears. It is a mistake, however, to consider them weak or feeble, as the thin limbs of a Xicean can contain surprising power. Their eyes are wide and almond-shaped, and filled with large, vibrantly colored pupils. The coloration of Xiceans as a whole varies wildly, and is much more diverse than that of Terran populations. However, as their coloration often matches their surroundings, the Xiceans of a single community may appear quite similar. Forest-dwelling Xiceans often have variations of green, brown, and tan in their hair, eye, and even skin tones.
While Xicean clothing often plays off the beauty of the natural world, those Xicean who live in cities tend to bedeck themselves in the latest fashions. Where city-dwelling Xiceans encounter other urbanites, the Xiceans are often fashion trendsetters.
When a Terran and a Xicean mate a Half-Xicean is born.